Thursday, March 29, 2018

CELEBRATING WOMEN WHO DO EXTRAORDINARY THINGS!

With busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer but the benefits, however, are enormous to you, your family, and the individual and/or community. BUT- don’t take my word for it, read what a current mentor in the Mentoring Moms program wrote about her on going experience…

“I am very grateful to Mentoring Moms for creating an ideal match for me and "my mom". Our relationship is evidence that motherhood and sisterhood transcend differences in language and culture. Although we sometimes talk about the challenges of her circumstances, we also celebrate her achievements and I am inspired by her persistence. From our time together I have seen that true character shines through the most difficult situations and in many ways, I want to be like her when I grow up. I have learned how effortless it is to change a person's day by simply seeing an appreciating her as she is in any given moment. This has been a truly rewarding experience, and I recommend being a mentor to anyone with a little love and respect to give.”

Thank you Phillicia for all that you do as one of the mentors at Bergen Volunteer Center and thank you for underscoring the fact that ‘mentoring is a two way street’. To learn more about the effects of mentoring, click on the article below.

It’s a two-way street: Four ways mentoring benefits the mentor

No comments: