Monday, August 14, 2017

Meet the Chore Volunteers - Rob, John, Tom & Steve!

The Chore Program and its volunteers have been featured in an article about giving back to the community in an issue of ‘This Old House’ Magazine.  Chore is a recipient of the prestigious NJ Governor’s Award for Service to Senior Citizens.  Chore was named a Daily Point of Light by the Points of Light Foundation, the Corporation of Community Service and the Knights of Columbus for its remarkable record of community service and exemplary volunteerism. 


Rob Rossi, John Tercek, Tom Veit and Steve Kaplowitz are the members of the Thursday, Chore Van #1 crew.


Mrs. O writes:  “I commend you on such excellent help for us seniors, so in need.  The Chore crew worked so hard at my home for an extended time to put air conditioners in for me and my disabled son.  I am 83 years old and living on a limited income.  We never could afford outside help.  I cannot thank you enough for these very special men you sent!  We seniors are so lucky for this organization and I hope everyone is as grateful as I am for all of you.”

No comments: