How can you help?
1. Share the Facebook event page with other mentors, mentoring programs and supporters of mentoring.
2. In January, change your profile picture to the “I Believe in Mentoring” badge.
3. Post your experience about being a mentor. Here’s a message you can adapt: “Did you know I am a mentor with [program]? Being a mentor to [first name of child] is rewarding and has helped me to [have fun, make a difference, learn new things, be a better parent, gain a better understanding of other cultures, etc.]. You can make a difference in as little as an hour a week. Find a mentoring opportunity in your local community today at www.serve.gov/mentor.”
4. Be sure to tag your program in your posts so people can learn more about the program where you mentor.
5. Feel free to post comments and suggestions on this page so other mentors can learn how you are promoting mentoring during National Mentoring Month.