The Volunteer Center invites non-profit leaders to “Creative Facility Options for Non-Profits—How Non-Profits are Looking at Facilities, Sharing Spaces, and Financing the Facilities They Want”. The workshop will be held on Wednesday, June 8, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon at the Volunteer Center’s offices in Hackensack.
- Should you own or rent your facility?
- Can you renegotiate your lease?
- What are the benefits of co-locating with other non-profits?
- Can you afford to purchase a facility?
- What financing and subsidies are available to buy your facility?
- What are your energy efficiency options; how to take advantage of solar energy and energy efficient choices.
“Nearly all non-profits need a space in which to operate,” says Tess Tomasi, Volunteer Center training coordinator. “And while non-profits are experts at their own causes, they aren’t usually experts at real estate. This workshop can help them explore options for developing the right kind of space and how to get the financing that makes it a reality.”
Pre-registration and pre-payment is required; the fee is $35 and includes all course materials. The deadline for registration is June 3. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (201) 489-9454, ext.114. Register on-line here!