September 11 will always be a sad day. But it's also a national day of doing good in remembrance of those who lost their lives as well as those who suffered as the result of the terrorist attacks. The Volunteer Center of Bergen County can help with ideas. Here are a few:
• Donate food to a food pantry
• Give blood
• Donate children’s books to a Head Start center or library
• Pick up litter in a park or along a sidewalk or roadway
• Join an area “Kids Care Club” to teach children about volunteering
• Pull weeds in a park or along a sidewalk
• Paint over graffiti (ask the building owner first!)
• Help the homebound or infirm: offer to run errands, sweep a sidewalk, rake leaves, do some gardening.
• Bring cookies to a new neighbor
• Write letters to our men and women in the military
• Donate pet food to a pet shelter
• Arrange to read to children at a daycare center
• Make and deliver a floral or craft decoration to a senior center
• Make tray favors to be distributed to those who receive meals on wheels
You can decide what to do - just do something to make our world a better place.
For information give us a call at (201) 489-9454.