Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Meet The Matchmakers - Dale



Redefining Retirement, a new program at the Bergen Volunteer Center works with interested nonprofits to identify their volunteer needs and connect them with retired volunteers who have the specific skills needed. We are excited to introduce to you some of the programs volunteers! Redefining Retirement Matchmakers are trained volunteers who will make initial connections between the nonprofits and interested retirees.

Meet Dale!

Having just retired from a long career in Human Resources, I am looking forward to using my skills and experience in a different environment. I have worked in a variety of industries including Financial Services, Technology, Consulting and Market Research, both domestic and international. I chose the Matchmaker role at Redefining Retirement as it draws on my background in developing and implementing effective staffing and talent management programs. It is fulfilling to me to find the right person for each opportunity. I also volunteered for several years as a Career Coach assisting those re-entering the work force with resume writing and job interviewing skills. I enjoyed supporting and assisting those individuals and look forward to adding value to the Redefining Retirement program.

I am excited about working with nonprofit agencies in Bergen County and learning about what they offer to the community and what volunteer services they need. Making the right “match” is a win-win for everyone.

No comments: