Thursday, September 14, 2017

Meet the Chore Volunteers - Mike, Pete, Tim & Tom!

The volunteers at Chore perform minor home repairs that seniors and disabled homeowners can neither do themselves, nor find anyone else to do so.  Having our clients live safely and comfortably in their own homes has always been our goal.


Mike Schear, Pete Tilgner, Tim Africano and Tom Van Hook are the Wednesday, Chore Van #2 crew.

Mrs. M writes: “I am elated that I can finally use my garden hose without looking like I just came out of the shower! Water was squirting all over the place and ME, until your crew readjusted the hose connection.  The gentlemen who came to assist me were knowledgeable and so polite.  God bless them.  I know it was just a hose, but to me—it was like getting a diamond ring!


Support Chore and the many other programs at the Bergen Volunteer Center at our Annual Hearts of Gold Gala on Thursday, November 9 at the Stony Hill Inn. Visit bergenvolunteers.org to learn more.

No comments: