Monday, June 25, 2012

Lessons from Steve Jobs

I don’t know about you, but I love finding words of others that express my own thoughts, and the following quote from Steve Jobs, in Walter Isaacson’s superb biography, does just that.  I hope you will let us know if it resonates also with you.


"I didn't invent the language or mathematics I use.  I make little of my own food, none of my own clothes.  Everything I do depends on other members of our species and the shoulders that we stand on.  And a lot of us want to contribute something back to our species and to add something to the flow.  It's about trying to express something in the only way that most of know how -- because we can't write Bob Dylan songs or Tom Stoppard plays.  We try to use the talents we do have to express our deep feelings, to show our appreciation of all the contributions that came before us, and to add something to that flow.  That's what has driven me."

Janet Sharma, Executive Director
Volunteer Center of Bergen County, Inc.

No comments: