The Volunteer Center of Bergen County recently announced the launch of Bergen LEADS, an innovative, 10-month learning and leadership program for adults who live or work in Bergen County.
Applications are now being accepted for the first class of 30 participants. The application form can be downloaded at www.bergenleads.org and is due by April 18. Each candidate must fill in a simple individual profile form and provide essay answers to specific questions.
The tuition to participate in Bergen LEADS is $2,000 per person, and scholarships will be available for those with financial need. A series of Informational Open Houses for potential applicants will be held on the following dates:
· Thurs., February 21, Bergen County’s United Way in Paramus, 8:30am -10:00 am
· Wed., February 27, First Baptist Church in Englewood, 11:30am-1:00pm
· Wed., March 5, Quest Diagnostics in Teterboro, 11:30am- 1:00 pm
· Tues., March 11, Cole Schotz in Hackensack, 8:30am-10:00am
· Wednesday, March 12, Lodi Public Library, 4:30 pm-6:00pm
· Thurs., March 13, Church on the Edge in Edgewater, 11:30am-1:00pm
· Wednesday, March 19, BD in Franklin Lakes, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
· Wednesday, March 19, KPMG in Montvale, 4:30pm – 6:00pm
· Tues., March 25, TD Banknorth in Mahwah, 11:30am-1:00pm
Pre-registration is required; to register to attend one of the sessions, and for directions, call (201) 489-9454 Ext. 219.
Additional information about how to apply for the program, and about financial aid, is available on the website www.bergenleads.org. The first class of 30 participants will be announced in June, and the monthly seminars will begin in September.