DID YOU ALSO KNOW?
- One in 3 adults fall each year.
- Falls are the most common cause of hospital admission for trauma.
- Falls are the leading cause of injury deaths among older adults.
FALLS ARE PREVENTABLE
Listed below are some things that may help to reduce your risk of falling:
- Exercise : Engage in regular physical activity, especially balance and strength building.
- Medication: Ask your doctor if your medication increases your risk of falling.
- Vision: Have regular examinations.
- Technology : Alarms, Stair lifts ( https://www.abilities.com/community/fall-prevention.html )
- Home Safety: Identify and correct falling, slipping or tripping hazards.
The CHORE program at the BERGEN VOLUNTEER CENTER can also play a critical role in the improvement of your loved one’s safety in the home. The CHORE volunteers ensure that senior citizens and the disabled remain independent and safe in their homes with a reduced risk of falling by installing grab bars and railings. All CHORE labor is performed for free by BVC volunteers; clients only cover the cost of materials.
Stand Tall Against Fall as you explore and enjoy the bounties, splendor and celebrations of Fall!